Last Updated: May 24, 2016
Soomla Inc. (“Soomla” “we,” “us” or “our“) provides development and data tools to games and mobile services (“Application“) through our website, mobile services, and software (our “Services“). Depending on the type of Service selected by the developer of the Application you are playing, we may collect certain information about you.
Information We Collect:
We use technologies such as Software Development Kits (SDKs) or Advanced Programming Interfaces (APIs) to collect information about you as described below. We use these technologies to recognize your device and to track your activities in the Applications and in other websites. These technologies work by storing a line of code in the Application that resides in your mobile device and synchronizes information back and forth between your mobile device and our servers. When you remove the Application from your mobile device this line of code will also be removed.
We may collect and store the following information:
- Technical data: This includes information, such as URL information, cookie data, your IP address, network connection type (e.g., WiFi, 3G, LTE), browser type, language, operating system, and Soomla application version.
- Mobile Device Information: When you access the Application via mobile device, we may collect information about the types of devices you are using to access the Application, your provider, network and device performance the unique device identifier assigned to that device by phone makers, carriers, or makers of the operating system (to the extent allowed by such phone makers, carriers, or makers of the operating system) (“Device ID“) identifiers for advertising Google Advertising ID or IDFA (“Advertising ID“) and geographic or geolocation information.
- Application Usage Statistics: We may collect information about how you use and interact with the Applications whose developers are users of our Services. This includes: how you use the different Application functions, the amount of time you spend in the Application, and commercial transactions you conduct including in-app purchases.
- Social behavior: We may receive updates as to whether or not you shared any of your in-app behavior in your social media network, and of certain other behavior in your social media network including whether you connected your social media account to the Application, whenther you sent a gift or invited a friend from your social media network . We do not see the content of these messages.
- Ad Interaction: We may collect data about how you interact with ads inside Application. This includes viewing, clicking on the ads as well as whether or not you performed post-click action like installing the advertised
We may combine your Device ID or your Advertising ID with non personally identifiable information in order to allow us to uniquely identify your device for purposes of storing specific and aggregate usage preferences and data.
How We Use the Information Collected?
We may use the information we collect, including information which identifies or together with other information may identify (“Personal Information“) you in the following ways:
- to improve our Services and our users’ experience with them;
- to enable our users to improve their Applications and tailor them to your needs;
- to ensure that the Services function well and to develop new products and services;
- to analyze how you use Applications whose developers are users of our Services (“Member Applications“), including how you interact with advertising;
- to prevent or detect fraud;
- to provide recommendation for development of new Applications
How The Information Collected is Shared:
Information Shared within our Services:
The information collected about you may be included in our Services and may be visible to the developer of the Application you use. The developer, may be able to see information collected about you along with your Advertising ID.
We may publish or share with third parties de-identified or aggregated information about you in order to promote our Services. For example, we would disclose statistics that that a certain percentage of players of a certain genre of Application spend x dollars in y hours in such Application .
Service Providers and Other Third Parties
In addition to the uses described above, we may also share your information with third parties for the following purposes:
- when you explicitly consent to the disclosure of such information to a third party when connecting to a third-party service that asks you if you consent to such sharing;
- to a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with Soomla;
- in connection with a merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control or sale of all or a portion of our assets or if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation;
- to respond to legal process (e.g., a court order or subpoena), if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to do so;
- where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands, or to comply with requirements of mandatory applicable law;
- if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person;
- in an emergency or to protect the safety of any person;
- if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that involve abuse of the Services infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of the website infrastructure or the Services generally);
- to prevent or detect fraud or to address technical issues;
- if this information is not private, is aggregated or is otherwise non-personal information.
We may also share de-identified or aggregated information about you with academic researchers for purposes including statistical analysis and academic study.
Please see the section “ Changing or Deleting your Information” to learn about your options in connection the collection of information from you through cookies and other technologies and what you can do about it.
Security and Information Protection
We take reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information. For example, all Personal Information collected by us is transferred over https and all Personal Information stored by us or for us is kept on a server in a secure environment. Only employees, our partners and any sub-contractors who need the information to perform a specific service are granted access to the information. Please keep in mind that we do not control how the developer(s) of the Application(s) you are using protect the information they collect about you. Please read their terms and privacy policies before providing Personal Information. Also, please remember that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication, and we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will always remain private when you use an Application.
Policy Regarding Children
The Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please disable the provision of information to us as described in the Section entitled “Changing or Deleting your Information“. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and you wish to remove publicly available content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
You can limit our use of the information collected about you for marketing or advertising purposes by contacting us at email@example.com . You may also do this by disabling the Advertising ID on your mobile device. For more information on how to manage the privacy settings in your mobile device see, for example: https://www.apple.com/privacy/manage-your-privacy/ (for your iOS mobile device) and [https://soom.la/opt-out] (for Android mobile devices). You may also contact the manufacturer of your mobile device for instructions about opting out from ad tracking. In addition, the Digital Advertising Alliance has also developed a tool that may help you understand which third parties have currently enabled cookies for your browser or mobile device and how to opt-out of some of those cookies. You may access this tool at: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ from your browser and from your mobile device.
Even if you disable the Advertising ID in your mobile device, keep in mind that you may still receive interest based advertising, including from third parties to whom your Advertising ID had been previously disclosed and that you may still receive advertising from third parties, though such advertising may not be based on your interests and preferences. For any privacy or data-protection-related questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your Personal Information until the earlier of (i) the information is no longer necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was provided; or (ii) you ask that we delete your Advertising ID from our records, as described above. We may retain your information for longer periods to the extent that we are obliged to do so in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and/or we reasonably believe that retaining the information is necessary to protect our legal rights or legitimate business interests.
Cross Border Transfer
Soomla transfers, processes and stores information about you on servers located in a number of countries, including the United States. We may also subcontract processing to, or share your information with, third parties located in countries other than your home country. Your Personal Information may therefore be subject to privacy laws that may not provide the same protection as your country of residence. For example, government entities in the United States and other countries may have certain rights to access your Personal Information. By using the Application you consent to this transfer, processing and storage.
Questions or Comments
Last updated: May 24, 2016